Our firm is committed to protecting the rights of our elderly. As the people who raised and nurtured us enter their later years, they are often among the most defenseless; virtually unable to protect themselves from abuse, neglect and exploitation by others.
Elder abuse and neglect is unforgivable, whether at the hands of a stranger, a family member, friend or as is most commonly the case, the hands of a caretaker in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility.
Be on the lookout for one or more of the following and call our Firm if you suspect any of the following:
- Neglect or failure of a caretaker to provide goods or services essential to avoid physical harm, mental anguish or mental illness. This may occur from denying food, health or hygiene, or abandonment.
- Physical abuse or permitting physical pain or injury.
- Emotional or mental anguish, such as engaging the elderly in ways that humiliate, intimidate or threaten.
- Financial or material exploitation. This often occurs under the guise of supposedly “helping” or “protecting” the elderly person from others or himself/herself.
- Sexual abuse or harassment, such as non-consensual sexual contact, behavior, suggestions or comments of any kind.
If you are a concerned relative or friend of an elderly person you believe may be suffering from abuse then call Yarian & Patatanyan LLP today!.